Saturday, June 12, 2004

Where is everybody?

I'm assuming Vincent will soon be advertising the new MathHut blog to a bunch of people. Of course, it would be more interesting if there was some new information and temptation to post. While I trust that Vincent will soon have a post on Canadian politics, I'll start with an easy one...

Where are you? What are you doing?

I'll post what I think I know. Please feel encouraged to add, elaborate, or speculate on yourself or others.

Eric: I'm towards the end of my first year as a postdoc in the astronomy department at UC Berkeley. I'm still researching extrasolar planets. But my big excitement is that I'll be getting married on July 3.

Christina: Christina is now working on her Ph.D. dissertation in Psychology at UCLA. Amazingly, she's also getting married on July 3, so she agreed to share a wedding web page with Eric.

Vincent: Vincent will soon be finishing his Ph.D. in Astronomy at Harvard. I hear Vincent won a prize fellowship at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in New Mexico (near the VLA) and will be heading out that way soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vincent said...

Indeed, I'm moving out to New Mexico in the middle of July. I'll leave the Boston area in about a week, and then I'll go home to South Carolina to help pack up things there.

6/12/2004 01:21:00 PM  
Blogger finou said...

Brian and I are still in Cambridge and still doing the MIT thing...

6/12/2004 04:20:00 PM  
Blogger Mwal said...

I am a Ph.D. student, but right now my responsibility is to be the on-call expert for a nice and fun drift chamber. I was emailed with a URL, but Links 0.92 wasn't equal to the challenge. 10-9.

6/12/2004 04:39:00 PM  
Blogger Mwal said...

Thanks (Vincent, I assume) for re-sending with a new URL! This time I did not screw it up.

6/13/2004 12:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home