Tuesday, October 05, 2004


I was looking into getting one of those megaexpensive Kinesis evolution keyboards, when I discovered the "Goldtouch" keyboard. Unlike most "ergonomic" keyboards, it can actually pivot in two dimensions allowing for the keyboard to not lie flat on the desk. So far I've only been using it for a week, but it seems to be helping and it takes only a minimal ammount of time to get used to (the left alt key was the hardest part for me). And I got mine off ebay for over an order of magnitude less money than for the Kinesis evolution sells for.  Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Blogger acg said...

That looks pretty cool. :) Does it have any programmable keys? What happens if you press both halves of the space bar at the same time? Do you get two spaces or one? I have one of those HP media keyboards; there's a knob to adjust the volume. Most useful extra key ever.

10/05/2004 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

The keyboard itself isn't programable. But it's not that hard to do simple remappings. For example, I have caps lock and control switched to be in the Sun positions. If you press the space bar(s) twice, you get two spaces.

10/06/2004 01:41:00 PM  
Blogger Mwal said...

My main problem with split keyboards is that, if you're eating or drinking, it's difficult to type one-handed.

10/07/2004 02:51:00 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

If you're eating and drinking, perhaps you should take a break from typeing.

10/07/2004 01:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home