Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I'm in the wrong lab...

So there is this article in the NY Times about how prickly pear juice cures hangover. It's all very fascinating but really the part I liked was on the second page:
Prickly pear extract, Dr. Shlipak and his colleagues suggest, helps by reducing the immune response to congeners. In their study, the researchers found that when graduate student testers drank five hours after taking the pill, they experienced less severe hangover symptoms.
Gosh! Maybe I'm in the wrong field. I mean I don't think I would ever want to be a tester in my lab... ("we need some healthy cartilage tissue sample..." yea right, I don't think so!)
On the other hand, maybe the scientists forced the poor grad students to drink more than they should have in order to make sure they would get hangovers. That's not too pleasant...

1 Comments:

Blogger Vincent said...

Like it's that hard to find a grad student with a hangover....!

12/08/2004 11:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home