Tuesday, June 22, 2004

starting new wedding traditions

Lookey lookey! I am making a post! and it's completely random. Don't you all miss me? :)-
So at Brian's sister's wedding, the bride threw her bouquet for all the unmarried women and the groom, who just graduated from Harvard Math, threw the first chapter of his thesis for all the ungraduated grad students.
I caught the thesis! woohoo! I guess this means I'm the next to graduate... or is it that I graduate in a year? well I don't know but I still think it's a good omen, don't you?
This is the second wedding I've been to where they did a thesis toss. People getting married this summer (i.e Eric): are you doing a thesis toss? (if so, can you aim it at Brian and me? we are trying to graduate in the fall... ;) I wonder if it's going to be a new tradition? maybe Emily Post will write about it in the next edition of her wedding guide...

4 Comments:

Blogger finou said...

I think I have one of those MIT beanie hats somewhere if you want it... Wha't the beanie toss mean anyway?
Emily Post is Miss Manners. She writes (wrote? I am not sure if she died or not) lots of stuff on etiquette. Her wedding guide is pretty popular and it's actually quite good. It has good tips on what to do, what you can skip, what is traditional vs. new trends, and why some tradition came to be (like the smooshing cake in the face was because people actually used to crumble whole cakes on the bride and groom for good luck).

6/23/2004 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger acg said...

Smooshing cake in somebody's face is only cute if you're two years old. After that, it's just childish and kind of gross. I've always thought that was a pretty lame tradition, down there with the garter toss.

6/23/2004 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Qian said...

I read that as Startling New Wedding Tradition, which it is for non-nerds I'm sure.

6/23/2004 02:03:00 PM  
Blogger finou said...

Good call on the cake thing. In my opinion, smooshing the cake in the face is a big waste of cake :)-
Now to go practice my dancing....

6/24/2004 09:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home