Friday, April 06, 2007

Missing Mac Options :(

Does anyone here have a mac? My hard drive failed, and after reinstalling (on a new hard drive), the "Options..." button on the Airport sheet in the Network prefpane in system preferences doesn't work anymore. It says it can't create a window because it's not a modal session. I've tried everything I can think of except reinstalling the OS (because that seems to be overkill for such a small thing). It's not that I don't know how to change the plist manually. It's just that's it's particularly galling to have such a problem with a mac; I mean, it's not like it's a windows machine. I searched online and was able to find seven (7) other people who had posted about the same problem on the apple site. It even has a radar bug number...and has for several years! It's annoying because it's probably the sort of thing that would be really easy to fix if only you could figure out what the problem was. Any ideas?

1 Comments:

Blogger mollishka said...

Which OS are you running? I can't find an "options" button for Airport in my Network Preferences, but there is a "Configure" button which works happily. But then, maybe I should have an Options button and it disappeared after I too re-installed OSX (10.3.9 apparently) on my powerbook after the harddrive died (though mine died so sufficently that I had to buy a new clean one).

4/11/2007 12:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home