Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Clinton rocks

Did anyone get a chance to watch Bill Clinton's speech (transcript) at the Democratic Convention? We all remember Clinton as a great orator, but his address was a rare piece of perfection. He managed to be inspirational and funny while highlighting John Kerry's strengths and showing how Kerry's vision of the future is different from President Bush's (and superior to it, for the average American).

Watching the speech made me realize just how much I miss former President Clinton. He was the kind of President who would make you feel good about your country. It would be nice to have a President like that again.

2 Comments:

Blogger finou said...

It's a very well crafted speech, however, what's the point? it's not like anyone that was undecided is going to hear it anyway. besides, I feel like everyone's minds are pretty made up one way or the other and that there aren't very many people who could be swayed to change their opinions.
There are a lot of people that absolutely love the current president and there are lots who would rather see anyone but him in office. Are there many whose minds aren't made up? (I have no idea. I'm just asking. Anyone seen any polls or something like that?)

7/27/2004 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Vincent said...

That reminds me of one of my favourite bumper stickers: Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.

7/28/2004 08:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home